Today Mark and I celebrate 13 years of being married. For some people 13 is an unlucky number, but we aren't worried. We got this.
Thirteen things I love about us:
- We've known each other for nearly 20 years. We were babies when we met. Now, we are graying and getting older.
- Our idea of a perfect date is reading at the coffee shop and browsing at the book store
- We somehow created the wackiest, cutest, smartest, sassiest, and funniest kids in the universe.
- Our history is tied around music. From radio stations, to club DJs, to concerts, and living room dance parties.
- You let me buy fabric and go thrift store shopping without giving me a hard time. I let you buy records and go to soccer games.
- There isn't an ice cream store you won't try with me.
- I love that we can be in separate parts of the house, but still feel better knowing each other is there.
- You always turn out my light and put away my book when I fall asleep reading.
- We almost always laugh at each other's jokes.
- I like a really good chai. You like a really good beer.
- We're flexible and willing to be spontaneous---which is a good thing for our family.
- We give each other space and freedom to explore interests & hobbies. We have the same overall goals and work hard to achieve them.
- No matter what, we're friends first. Everything else falls into line easily after that.
I love you so much and am so grateful that you're on this journey with me!