At the end of last week I put the finishing touches on my new orange quilt. I've been working on this quilt off and on for about 6 months and I have to admit that I am so thrilled with how it turned out. The pattern is called Popsicle Sticks and the fabric is from all over the place. I spent about 2 months collecting different oranges that I liked and so it's a good mish-mash of designers. It's a larger lap quilt and perfect for cozying under with a good book. I tried a few new to me things with this quilt. First, with the backing I bought a natural Kona cotton solid in a cream. I then pieced together two large strips from all the fabric I had left over. I pieced the back together so that the strips run down the back. I had never done anything "special" with my quilt back before and I LOVE how it looks. I also used leftover oranges to piece together the binding. For the first time I machine sewed the binding on. It's not perfect, but it sure was easier and less time consuming than doing it by hand. I can see doing it a lot on the larger quilts I still need to finish.
I have a goal of finishing the three Block of the Month quilts I have packed away this summer. Then, I'll start making plans for a new quilt!